Accessible Navigation. Go to: Navigation Main Content Footer
Find us on facebook Watch the College of Forestry and Conservation's You Tube channel View the College of Forestry and Conservation's photos on Flickr

PETSA Online Tutorial

Spring 2014 Commencement:

Saturday, May 17
Main Ceremony - 10:00am
   Washington Grizzly Stadium
CFC Ceremony - 12:00pm
   Adams Center West Gym
Order your cap & gown here

Graduation Application Deadlines:

Graduate Students
05/08/2014 for Summer 2014
09/15/2014 for Fall 2014
(Late applications will not be accepted)

02/03/2014 for Summer 2014
03/03/2014 for Fall 2014



Who is my advisor?

Find out who your advisor is:  Go to Academic Planner and use your Net ID and password to log in.  In the Navigation menu located in the upper left-hand side of the screen under Academic Summary select Profile.  On your profile page select the Advisors link.  Your prmary advisor is your faculty advisor with whom you should meet.

If Academic Planner does not have an advisor listed for you, please stop by the CFC Main Office in FOR109.

Meet My Advisor

You may contact your advisor directly.  Contact information is available in the CFC Directory for faculty or contact your department office for assistance. 

Most faculty advisors have scheduled office hours for meeting with students but can also schedule separate appointments if needed. 

Why do I need an advisor?

Academic advisors have information on policies, deadlines, general education requirements and more.

You will be assigned a permanent academic advisor soon after the beginning of fall or spring semester depending on when you begin your studies here at UM.

Advisors are also your primary source of career information and can serve as references for jobs.  You should talk to them about your career choices and interests in your field.

Group Advising

Many departments and programs have Group Advising Sessions each semester for students to be advised quickly.  Students should come prepared to these sessions with their unofficial transcripts and a proposed schedule for the upcoming semester.  Unofficial transcripts can be obtained on CyberBear or through your department office.  You can find the eveving advising schedule for fall 2014 classes here.

Advising Numbers?

Advising numbers are only available to students who have seen their advisor. These numbers change every semester. Post-Bac (students who already possess a bachelor’s degree) and Graduate students do not need advising numbers to register for classes.

Undergraduate Degree Requirements

Graduate Degree Requirements

See the Graduate Degrees Website

Important Links